Whether you live close by or far away, caring for an aging family member or friend can require a lot of time, patience and medical knowledge.
Many families struggle between wanting to provide the care themselves and knowing it’s more than they can realistically handle. That’s where Qualicare comes in.
We have extensive experience in elder care and can offer care and support across many medical and living situations.
My father has been able to live in comfort in his own home because of the quality of care that he has received. Jaime and her staff listen to the family, and if a problem occurs, it is rectified immediately.
– Carol and Fabi Steadman
Our services for your loved one includes companionship, home helper and personal care services.
Our nurses will create a care plan specific to your family’s situation and personal needs. Below is a just a sample of some things we can do. If you think of anything else – just ask.
Personal Care services help maintain health
- Nutritional support and meal preparation
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, and grooming
- Rehabilitation exercises, assistance with home medical equipment
- Help with morning or bedtime routines
- Medication assistance and reminders
- Condition monitoring, reporting to Personal Care Manager
Home Helper Services help keep life manageable
- Provide light housekeeping and laundry
- Plan, prepare and clean-up meals
- Check food expiration, refrigerator clean up
- Assistance with pet care and house plants
- Arrange and assist with appointments
- Assistance with mail and paying bills
Companionship keeps life worth living
- Companionship, conversation, and social interaction
- Participate in games, puzzles, and crafts
- Enjoy movies and books together
- Go on walks together, spend more time outdoors
- Driving and accompanying to errands and appointments
- Facilitate exercising programs and mental stimulation
Qualicare Calgary completely understands the changing needs of my Mom’s care and I appreciate that they can provide services which extend through all the stages of her dementia.
– A. Bond
Getting started with Qualicare
We strive to make everything as stress-free as possible for the client and their family when they partner with Qualicare.
The first step in the process is a complimentary assessment. During this assessment, we will go through information that is pertinent to your loved one’s care and pertinent to the health and well-being of the family as a whole.
Using this information, we can put together a plan that comprehensively addresses all of the love one’s needs, as well as the family’s needs and expectations. This assessment process is part of our 360° Approach.
Contact us to book your free in-home consultation.